Since 1995, we’ve been helping the families and loved ones of those who have died find justice in the courts. No amount of money can replace a lost loved one, but justice in the legal system can help start the healing process and ensure that financial burdens don’t prevent you from moving forward.
Featured Story: Helping One Family Move On After a Wrongful Death
Finding those responsible for the death of a 9-year-old, even after several other attorneys said there wasn’t a case.
One afternoon our client’s son was playing with two of his friends at a vacant house in his impoverished neighborhood. For fun, the kids decided to use a metal rod to bang on one of the porch’s supports. It gave way, causing the roof to collapse, which crushed the boy and killed him.
When the boy’s family sought legal support from several other wrongful death attorneys, they were told there wasn’t a case because the friends had essentially caused the death themselves.
We dug into this case, uncovering information that not only supported the family’s wrongful death allegations, but also shed light on questionable lending practices and the consequences of unchecked poverty in the U.S.
Through dogged persistence and careful examination of every fact, we were able to change the way people thought about the case. The boys weren’t troublemakers who vandalized vacant properties for fun and deserved what happened to them. An injustice had occurred, and our client’s family should be compensated for their loss.
Selected Wrongful Death Verdicts and Settlements:
- $7,018,000 jury verdict for family of motorcyclist who crashed on diesel slick left by negligent tractor-trailer driver
- $5,725,500 jury verdict for death of young wife and injuries to her husband arising out of automobile accident
- $3,664,186 jury verdict for family of man electrocuted by faulty wiring
- $1,517,000 jury verdict for family of motorcyclist killed by tractor-trailer
- $700,000 settlement for the death of young woman in an apartment fire caused by faulty wiring
- $630,000 settlement for family of young boy killed by falling porch
- $500,000 insurance policy limits settlement for family of elderly woman hit and killed by speeding driver
The outcome of any client’s case will depend on the particular legal and factual circumstances of the case.