Civil Rights And Employment
When your civil rights are violated, it’s easy to feel like there’s no hope for justice. Since 1995, we have been proving that there is. Employment discrimination and other civil rights violations are some of the core injustices we have made it our mission to rectify.
Featured Story: Black Man Assaulted by Circleville Police Officers
$2,700,000 settlement for African-American man injured by white police officers’ excessive force.
Following a routine traffic stop, our client was taken to the Circleville Police Station, where police officers mistakenly believed he was the subject of an outstanding warrant. At the station, Circleville officers threw him to the ground, damaging his spinal cord and causing permanent physical injuries. We achieved precedent-setting decisions in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals before Circleville elected to settle the case.
Selected Civil Rights/Employment Verdicts and Settlements:
- $2,500,000 settlement for family of woman killed by drunk driver whose car was improperly returned to him by Circleville police
- Seven-figure confidential settlement for sex discrimination against and wrongful termination of female physician
- $1,250,000 settlement to executive defamed by his employer
- $900,000 settlement to family for racially discriminatory treatment by school district
- $651,241 jury verdict for female deputy sheriff who suffered injuries because prison doctor failed to properly diagnose inmate who attacked her after faking paralysis
- $641,858 jury verdict for man wrongly convicted due to attorney malpractice
- $495,000 settlement to woman who blew whistle on Ohio Attorney General, resulting in his resignation
- $350,000 jury verdict plus attorney fees for wrongfully-arrested woman
- $160,000 arbitration award in sex discrimination case
- $138,000 settlement for race discrimination claim
- $100,000 settlement in wrongful shooting case
The outcome of any client’s case will depend on the particular legal and factual circumstances of the case.